Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Still waiting for a theme

I've had a few ideas but little inspiration. I titled this blog Swimming free for several reasons. I am a swimmer, who used to compete in distance freestyle. I consider myself to be a free spirit and think of myself as swimming through life unemcumbered. I journal on livejournal.com, but I want this to be different than that. I own five pets and foster for a rescue group, so that is a huge part of my life. I have been a single mom since my son was born 13 years ago. I was married, but he haad/has a serious drug problem I was unaware of until I needed to depend on him when son was born. I knew he used, just didn't know how much. 20-20 hindsight, eh? I've never like the term "single mom". It carries too many stereo-types. I'm a mom, and yes, it's difficult, but I feel everybody's difficulties are what they are for each individual and we deal or don't deal.
I really try to focus on the positive. life is much easier that way. I wonder, though, if I am stuffing my head in the sand sometimes, but not for long. I am blonde that way and physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment