Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pet-A-Palooza!

I love this event. It really is one of the better pet events in the metro. It's growing, too. They don't charge the rescues to have a booth, it's outside, it's free admission and free parking and just about everybody brings their dog. We saw one white rat, too. It was a steady stream of people all day. 
I couldn't get the boy out of bed at 8 a.m., but he had a long Friday with summer school and then working an 8-hour shift, so I let him be after three attempts. 
It started out cloudy with a threat of rain, but the sun won and it was a gorgeous day. Nice breeze. I was going to bring both Woodson and Lady, but with just me, I decided to bring Lady as she seems to love people. As we left the car and walked to the booth, I was having doubts. She pulled me in all directions and circles as she tried to take in everything at once. 
At the booth she wanted to jump on everybody, so all-in-all it was a good training day for her, too. We had so many visitors to the booth and several collies, which we don't see very often besides our own. We hear a lot of comments from people saying they had a collie when they were young. I think most people don't think collies make good city dogs. It's my opinion that any dog can be a city dog, it's all about exercise and training.
I didn't get any pictures at the event, Lady kept my hands full, but I was able to grab the first picture of my own of her on my deck. She was pretty wiped out for the rest of the afternoon after we got home, but got her second wind in the evening. I'll also post a link to the video I took of all three dogs playing. Lady would play with Woodson on the deck, run inside and play with Brett, then run back out to play with Woodson. She can get pretty rough when she plays.


Lady is on the left.



No comments:

Post a Comment