Friday, August 30, 2013

Hannah's Arrival

Hannah's In The House!

Just got home with Hannah and it looks like she's already playing with Brett and Woodson. They have run back and forth from my room several times. I walked her in the park before I brought her in the house where I learned she LOVES squirrels. I'm lucky I keep a tight grip on the leash. She also does some major scratching after she pees. Pretty funny. Brett does this a little, it's when I know he's done, cuz sometimes he goes, walks a bit then goes again. Hannah scratches for about six feet away.

Her owners were really sad about giving her up, but it's gotten really hard for them to walk her and she has a lot of energy. They seem like really great people. Have had so many dogs and cats in their lives. Have been previously involved with Northern Lights Greyhound Rescue. I was able to stay for a bit and talk to them, but I needed to get home and get Hannah settled in before I left to pick KJ up from work.

She's well-trained, used to a crate, in fact, loves her crate. She will lay down when you tell her 'place'. I'm trying to get some pictures now, but she's very busy checking the house out.

She's been spayed and doesn't need shots until next June. She has a microchip but I will need to get it scanned to get the information. Such a sweet girl. Small, especially when she stands next to Woodson. She's half his size, but a healthy, thick mahogany coat. Her nose looks short, too, compared to Woodson's, but he has a really long nose!

I'll get some pictures this weekend and post them asap!


No comments:

Post a Comment