Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cripes!

Who would have thought it would be so difficult to capture urine from a dog who pees five times each time he goes outside?
I got home, grabbed a container and asked KJ if Prairie had been outside. No. Out we went. We walked down the sidewalk and down the cul-de-sac. I hovered, Prairie sniffed. No yellow snow.
KJ let Thor out to provide a marking opportunity. Thor peed. Prairie sniffed. I got ready. Prairie sat down.
We came in and I fed Prairie.
Went back outside. Hooked Prairie to the tie-out thinking maybe he'd go if he had more freedom. Prairie sniffed, I followed. Prairie laid down.
ARGH!
I called Mary, the president of MWCR. She laughed, but suggested I take him to the vet and let them keep him overnight where they can collect his urine.
I'm going to try Wednesday morning when he first goes out and if I can't get any, I will let him stay at the vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment