Sunday, September 2, 2012

First night

We had a good night. I had Rocky loose in my closed bedroom and he really just slept all night. Didn't even wake me up this morning. He's not familiar with my sounds. The minute I open my eyes, check the time, Brett and Woodson will get up and start bugging me. 
I took Rocky out first, then fed him in the garage so he could eat by himself. I always run my fingers through a new foster's food, keeping my hand in the food as I set the bowl down. Then move my hand up over his head. It didn't seem to bother him at all. He was eating before my hand left his head.
I was giving him treats last night, too. He didn't really know what they were at first, but once he had a few, he wanted more!
I've noticed that when I walk toward him he backs away and actually seems to be looking for a way to get away from me. Don't know if this is just general shyness or if he's used to being 'grabbed'. He ducks his head as I reach for his collar to hook up the leash. To Brett and Woodson, the leash is a happy thing and they offer up their necks to make it easier to hook the leash.
He basically looked at the cats and that was it. Lily had a hissy fit when she felt she was cornered by him, but   I don't think he even knew she was sitting there when he came near her.

Now, this morning as I sit here, Woodson is trying to get him to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment