Monday, April 30, 2012

Bunker's first impression

I called Cindy to see what time I could pick Bunker up from her house. She mentioned that he had a lot of ticks and a sore ear, where when she touched it he nipped at her. So, I was able to get him into the vet at 4:15 and luckily I did, because he has a fever, indicating an infection probably in his ear, plus a laceration that he either got in a fight or from having so many ticks.
The records he's coming with say they treated him with Advantix on the 21st, but I don't smell anything and he still has ticks. I pulled five of them off at the clinic. 
He was neutered on Friday, so I can't give him a bath for two weeks. His incision is inflamed and they didn't send any pain meds, which is unbelievable to me. The poor guy. He tried to bite the vet, too, when he was rubbing in the salve. Dr. said he was probably in a lot of pain.
So, I have pain meds, salve, and antibiotics to give him.
He's not housebroken. Cindy thought he was, but he peed twice in the house already. Will definitely crate him tomorrow.
He's been great getting along with the other dogs and cats
His tail is one big mat, and he's dirty but doesn't smell. 
This one might be the first one I send to a professional groomer.
Otherwise he's very sweet. Follows me everywhere, walks decently on the leash. He kind of circles a bit, but doesn't pull. He's afraid of the cars going by, yet appears to want to chase a bike. at least it looked like he thought about it when one went by us. We were in the grass and when he saw it, he started to lunge, but remembered he was on the leash. Will have to keep an eye on that.
His vet record also doesn't show heartworm test or rabies, so will go back for that in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment