Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Snip, snip

Dropped Prairie off this morning for his surgery. He has no idea what he's in for! He's young, though. I was told the older the dog the worse it is. Poor Fergus had a really rough time with it. I forgot Prairie's microchip, though. Kicking myself because it's a big needle and so much easier on the dog if they're out when they insert it, but it can be done, so I'll bring it tomorrow when I pick him up. I wonder if he'll be sporting the "cone of shame".
I talked to a potential adopter last night. They live in Wausau (my birthplace). They've been looking at other dogs, too. They have a 10-year-old collie from MWCR, so they want a dog who will be easy on her. Prairie could be that dog. From our conversation she thinks Prairie would be a good fit, but she doesn't think her senior would do well on a trip for them to meet. We discussed meeting in Eau Claire and it could still happen, but she's passing for now. At least until they meet some other dogs that are closer to home.
So, onto the next!

I was asked yesterday if I'd hold a puppy overnight and if I didn't have to work at Foss, I would have. Someone else said yes and I'm seeing pictures today of her. What a cutie!


No comments:

Post a Comment